The NACF 2020 Spring Granting Cycle is Now Closed
Please contact email@example.com for more information
The Northwest Alliance Community Foundation (NACF) was excited to celebrate its 6-year anniversary on November 20, 2019 by presenting its single largest grant since forming in 2013! Our grant of $4000.00 to Crystal Meier, Program Manager of Independent Living Services of Workforce Resource, Inc. will help support its mentorship program for foster “children” aging out of the foster care system.
NACF Spring 2019 Grants
NACF Fall 2018 Grants
Tracey Nooner presents a grant to Frederic Arts: $750. Establish an arts program for residents of Traditions of Frederic.
Carole Wondra presents a grant to Tom Brock from the Mental Health Task Force of Polk County, $816. Suicide prevention training.
Patti Hurd presents a grant to the Burnett County 4-H, $750. Start an archery shooting sports program for ages 8-19.
*Not Pictured: Burnett Co Workforce Resource, $1,184. Funding to support instructors for culinary academies.
Partnering to Make a Difference
NACF Spring Grants Presented on June 4, 2018
2018 first cycle grant recipients from the Northwest Alliance Community Foundation are (LtoR) Larry O’Connell for Yellow Lake Food Distribution; Ian Karl, Northwest Passage; Josie Penberthy, Connections Store and More Food Shelf, Webster; Kristina Kelley-Johnson, Grantsburg Public Library; Kris Surbaugh and Lisa Olson, Friends of the Frederic Library; and Patti Hurd, NACF Grants Committee.
NACF Spring 2018 Granting Cycle Grants:
- Yellow Lake Food Distribution: Food to distribute to 1,650 people each month: $950
- Connections Store and More: Vouchers for holiday hams & turkeys: $750
- Grantsburg Public Library: New seating for refurbished children’s space: $600
- Friends of the Frederic Library: Bikes, helmets to ride the Gandy Dancer Trail: $700
NACF Environmental Fund Grant:
- Northwest Passage: 4 Scholarships to Master Naturalist Training: $1000
NACF Giving Party on December 8th, 2017
Our second round of grants were given out on June 9, 2017:
NACF Environmental Fund Grants:
- Burnett County Family Resource Center, Inc.: $650.00
- Ice Age National Trail: $250.00
- North Country Pedalers: $250.00
- Frederic Arts: $300.00
We’re All in This Together–Let’s Fight Hunger Grants:
- Ruby’s Food Shelf and Garden, Siren: $2220.25
- Grantsburg Area Food Shelf: $2220.25
- Connections Food Shelf and More, Webster: $2220.25
- Family Pathways Food Shelf, Frederic: $2220.25
NACF Spring Granting Cycle:
- Farm, Feral and Stray, Serving Polk and Burnett Counties: $500.00
- Burnett County Family Literacy, Serving Burnett County: $500.00
- Friends of Larsen Family Public Library, Serving Webster: $500.00
- St. Croix Festival Theatre, Serving Polk and Burnett Counties: $500.00
Our first round of grants as a community foundation were given out on December 6, 2016:
- Community Referral Agency – Families: General operating costs/services for domestic violence victims, $500.00
- ICAA- Head Start – Literacy: Purchase new books for their library, $350.00
- Salvation Army – Health: Food for backpacks for families receiving free/reduced lunch, $200.00
- ADRC – Health: Marketing materials for dementia-friendly community summit in 2017, $450.00
Grantwriting Training Materials:
(Click on the Link to Download the Docs)